Saturday, February 18, 2012

Let’s Enjoy Tai Chi!

IMG_3047

Misawa International Association sponsored 3 free Tai Chi lessons on February 4, 11, and 18 at the Misawa Civic Gymnasium from 1000-1130. Our wonderful  and kind instructor was Ms. Setsuko Nakanishi, a Japan Wushu Taijiquan Federation Official Instructor.

 

DSC09615DSC09606

 

                                   DSC09623

Each lesson included stretching, Tai Chi instruction and demonstations. She demonstrated different styles and showed us movements with fans and a sword. Today we had our final free lesson but were able to sign up for more at only ¥500 / lesson! If you can’t make a lesson, you do not pay. This is very convenient for me since I sometimes have prior engagements on Saturday mornings, but the ones I am free I will be sure to go to my Tai Chi lesson with Nakanishi sensei!

A demonstration by Nakanishi sensei

We were also invited by the Misawa Park Authority to practice Tai Chi together at  Misawa Train Park this spring when the cherry blossoms bloom. I can’t wait!

Our class was shown on local TV and this newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment