Friday, August 13, 2010

44th Annual Homestay Program

The class and I outside the school.
I started working for Tohoku Academy on June 30, 2010. When they told me they wanted me to teach a workshop for the homestay students, I was absolutely delighted! We had six students this year from Sendai and they spent Friday night, Saturday and Sunday (until late afternoon) with people on base who signed up to be homestay families. We had a lot of fun learning useful phrases and even did a funny skit about homestay students who only learned English from American movies.My calendar and gift for teaching the workshop (performed at the
luncheon on Sunday).  
I can’t wait until next year, I plan on signing up to be a host family since our furniture is finally here. I’m so happy to be teaching English in Japan, it has been a dream of mine since college. ^_^
Homestay 2010 in the classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment